John Gersteling & Associates is an Accredited Building Design Company that produces Architectural style design drawings for the Domestic, Commercial and Industrial construction industry in the Western and South Western suburbs of Sydney (Penrith to Camden area), and in the Hunter Valley. We are supported by a professional group of companies that advise and provide our company with professional services.
John Gersteling has been in the building design business since 1973. He started a drafting company called “Deltex Drafting” west of Sydney near the Blue Mountains in the state of New South Wales, Australia. He attended Technical College in the late sixties and studied Mechanical Drafting and changed over to Architectural Drafting.
In 1975 he went into partnership with a builder and formed a building/construction company “Deltex Industries”. This was a fully licensed building company that constructed for five (5) years over 30 new homes, 42 additions & extensions and more than 25 commercial projects from factories to offices and restaurants. The construction business stopped trading due to the sudden death of his business partner in 1981.
John Gersteling & Associates Building Design Consultants was formed in 1985 and the company expanded its services to include domestic condos, duplexes, villa-units and other dual occupancy structures. These and a wide range of commercial buildings such as factory units, office complexes, retail outlets and town shopping centers.
Application was made in 1998 to join the Building Designers Association of NSW (BDA of NSW). Full membership was obtained and John became a member of the Blue Mountains and Riverland Branch of the BDA of NSW. John served as branch secretary for two terms and continues to be a very active member of BDA of NSW Inc.
- 2001 – Awarded the prestigious BDA Building Design Award “The Certificate of Commendation” for the “Windsor Downs Estate” project was awarded to John Gersteling.
- 2003 – John Gersteling & Associates was one of the first Building Design companies to obtain a fully Accredited Building Designer status.
- 2005 – till 2009 John Gersteling was appointed Accreditation Director of BDA of NSW responsible for evaluating and enforce competency standards in the state of NSW for building designers who apply to become accredited either in Low Rise, Medium Rise or Unrestricted design categories.
- 2008 – The Building Designers Association of NSW upgraded John Gersteling Full membership to the new category of Charted Member of BDA of NSW till his resignation from the BDANSW in 2010.
- 2009 – Completed the ECO Course for Green, Environmental and Sustainable design.
- 2013 – Re-joined the Building Designers Australia NSW as a full member.
- 2017 – Completed the NSW Dept. of Environment & Heritage SDS course (Sustainable Design Specialist).